Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer Reading



If you know me at all, you know that I like to read. A lot. I am always looking for suggestions on good books to read. So, it is no surprise that I was intrigued when I heard about http://infinitesummer.org/

If you have not heard about this, it is basically a group of people who are spending their summer re-reading (or in my case, reading for the first time) Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace. We will be able to discuss the book in the forums as we go along, which I think will be great.

Now, I should probably mention that I had never heard of this book before this, nor had I read anything else by David Foster Wallace. I am actually I little nervous. What if I do not like it or understand it? I mean, when I went to Borders to buy the book my first reaction when I saw it was, “This thing is HUGE!” It is a little intimidating, but I am strangely excited about at the same time.

I was thinking I might post a blog once a week, just to talk about how I am doing with the book and what I think of it. If you are interested in this project you can visit http://infinitesummer.org/ and check it out.

We officially begin reading on this Sunday, June 21. (I am desperately trying to hold out until then to start.)

Well, that is all I have for now, but I will keep you posted.

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!