Thursday, November 26, 2009
Here it is:
1. My Husband who seems to love me no matter how difficult I am being. He supports me like nobody ever has. I have never met anyone else like him.
2. Our little dog, Abby. She has been with us almost as long as we have been married and she truly does complete our little family. She has brought us a lot of joy over the years.
3. That after everything our economy has gone through, my husband still has his job and that it seems pretty secure.
4. Our house and the shelter that is provides.
5. That we both have big families that we get to spend time with during the holidays.
6. That we have a car that is reliable this year. There is nothing worse than icy roads and a car that is acting up.
7. Our health. We both seem to be healthy and that is a huge blessing.
8. My best friend who a lot of the times keeps me sane. We don't get to see each other a lot, but I am thankful for the times we do.
9. That I finally got my christmas tree up. After 3 days and various light problems, it is up and is very pretty.
10. I am very thankful that our house has heat that works, because I am sitting by the window and I can tell that it is cold outside.
So, that is my short list of things that I am grateful for this year. What are you thankful for?
Also, NaNoWriMo is going well. I passed 46,000 words this morning.
Thats all for today,
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
I thought I would take this chance to talk about a couple of things.
1. I did finally get my NaNoWriMo shirt that I ordered. It came right at the end of October, and by then I was too busy trying to plan for my novel that I did not have time to take a pic and put it on my blog. Sorry.
2. NaNoWriMo is actually going fairly well. I have never done anything like it before and I think I am doing a good job. I am a little behind, but it is nothing that I won't be able to catch up on. My goal today is 28,900 words and right now I am at 26,707 words.
3. I actually don't have a third thing to talk about. It is just that it is 4:30, I have had 0 hours of sleep, I have had 0 cups of coffee, I have written a little over 2,500 words, and I have dealt with numerous internet problems along the way. I just felt like I should have 3 things on the list and that is why I am still talking.
Anyways, I will try to post again to let you know how I am doing on my novel. I think now I will go make some coffee.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Friday, October 9, 2009
Anyways, this will be a short post. I have been trying to prepare for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and I still have some work to do. This will be my first time participating, and I am really excited. I ordered my shirt earlier this week, and it was shipped out yesterday, so I am anxious to find out how long it take to get here. I am hoping I won't have to wait till Monday. Maybe I'll post a picture when I get it.
Monday, September 7, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
In my last blog I explained to you all the ways in which I had prepared myself to read Infinite Jest. Now, I would like to take a moment and show you how those preparations have affected my reading this book.
1. Brushed up on Hamlet - As far as I can tell this hasn't really helped me at all. I'm not that far into the book yet, so maybe it will come in handy later, but I'm pretty sure my understanding of the story would have been the same had I not done this.
2. Notebook - I did keep a notebook with me at first, so I could write down anything I thought might be important. Recently I have stopped doing this, but will probably start up again. I think it will be interesting to go back and read through all my thoughts after I have finished the book.
3. Finished all other books - This was true up till today, when I started reading another book. I'm sure it's not the smartest thing to do. I mean, who starts another book when they are having trouble finishing the one they are already reading. I couldn't help myself. I am hoping the be able to read both simultaneously. We'll see how it goes.
I think I should say before I leave, that I have enjoyed this book. There are some parts that are very, very good. There are also some parts that are hard to get through, I'm sure that I'll understand those parts when I get further into the story. That's all for now, back to the book!
Friday, June 19, 2009
I have only 2 more days until I start my summer long journey known as Infinite Summer. I have read this article and I believe that I have done everything possible to be prepared.
1. I have brushed up on Hamlet and made of list of characters and the roles they played in the story. (I’m not completely sure why this was necessary, but I have heard that it is.)
2. I have a brand new notebook that will be dedicated to Infinite Jest notes and any thoughts I have while reading the book.
3. I’ve finished all books that I was reading and haven’t bought any new books that might distract me from my mission.
I AM READY!!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
If you have not heard about this, it is basically a group of people who are spending their summer re-reading (or in my case, reading for the first time) Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace. We will be able to discuss the book in the forums as we go along, which I think will be great.
Now, I should probably mention that I had never heard of this book before this, nor had I read anything else by David Foster Wallace. I am actually I little nervous. What if I do not like it or understand it? I mean, when I went to Borders to buy the book my first reaction when I saw it was, “This thing is HUGE!” It is a little intimidating, but I am strangely excited about at the same time.
I was thinking I might post a blog once a week, just to talk about how I am doing with the book and what I think of it. If you are interested in this project you can visit http://infinitesummer.org/ and check it out.
We officially begin reading on this Sunday, June 21. (I am desperately trying to hold out until then to start.)
Well, that is all I have for now, but I will keep you posted.
Friday, June 5, 2009
What I've been doing:
1. Reading - This is pretty much a constant. I really do not see this changing.
2. Enjoying the nice weather at the lake. Usually I read while I am there.
3. Went to a Royals game with my dad. We lost horribly, it wasn't even close. The White Sox did amazing though.
4. Went to the zoo with Albert. It was a lot of fun just hanging out and I think I got some good pictures.
5. Nicole was nice enough to let me try her Sims 3 game on my computer and.....IT WORKED!! I wasn't sure that it would because I have a crappy graphics card in my laptop, but it works fine. We went out that day and I bought the game for myself and I have pretty much been playing it non-stop the last 3 days.
Anyways, that is about it. I'll get back to my game now.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
2. Changed a lightbulb. - The light in my office went out and I don't have any extra lightbulbs right now. I had to steal one from the lamp in the guest bedroom. It's a different kind of lightbulb and it makes everything look different.
3. I finished reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. - This is an amazing book. It's probably one of the best that I've read in a long time.
4. Posted on my blog. - Duh, that's what I'm doing now.
5. Stared at my computer screen for 4 minutes trying to think of a fifth thing that I've done today. I couldn't think of anything so I included that on the list.
Ok, well maybe I'll try this again when I've actually done something interesting.
Friday, May 1, 2009
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Lately I have been feeling this way a lot. Like everyone is talking at me (or about me), but not with me. It's a very frustrating and lonely feeling. It's like people already have this idea about who you are and what you're about. They've got you all figured out, so why look any deeper? Why actually listen to what that person has to say?
I know that I'm part of the problem. I'm too quiet and shy. I always have been. Honestly, I don't know how to be any other way. It takes a while for me to able to open up to people. I can count on one hand the people who actually know the real me. (and for the record, they seem to like me.)
Anyways, I've been trying to focus on who I really am and what I want to do with my life. I mean, there's really 3 versions of me.
1. Who people think I should be. (and for awhile I believed them)
2. Who I am right now. (confused and lonely)
3. Who I really want to be. -This is the one I am working on.
That is all I have time for now.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Sunday, April 19, 2009
1. I have a set goal and know what I'm aiming for in life. My plans are right on track. (I actually have no idea what I am aiming for in life, so if my plans are on track, it is without my knowledge.)
2. I am experiencing some confrontation in my life. I may feel victimized in some situation.
3. I have some feelings of frustration. I feel a lack of control in making decisions. I might be feeling trapped or cornered.
4. I am avoiding a situation that I do not feel is conquerable.
5.I am feeling restricted in a job, health, or a relationship.
6. I may be experiencing a new state of mind or a shift in personal identity. I need to move away from my old habits and old way of thinking.
7. I am open to to acknowledging and confronting my unconscious feelings.
So, thats what I learnded about myself today. Thats all for this blog.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Friday, April 17, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
This weekend is going to be a busy one for me, but I'm hoping that I still find time every day to blog. I'm sure I will.
Ok, I honestly can't think about anything but my new books right now, so I'm gonna go. See ya tomorrow.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
This is my husband.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Today is Easter and we went to visit with DH's family. We had good food and we watched a movie. I just got home and we gave Abby her easter basket. She seems to be happy, she is playing with her new toys right now. Now she's sniffing around wondering where the rest of her easter treat is. If that sounds wierd, (and I just realized that it might) that is because Abby is our dog, not a child. Thought I should clear that up. Anyways, she loves her easter basket. Almost as much as she loves it when I start decorating for Christmas and she sees her stocking. Most people would call her spoiled, but she is the only little one in the house, so it's fun for us to give her stuff. ( I finally just got up and gave her another piece of her treat because she was starting to tear her bed apart looking for one.)
Ok, well thats not what I had planned to talk about, but thats what is going on right now. I will be back tomorrow. Bye.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Friday, April 10, 2009
I have decided not to continue with the whole "10 childhood memories" thing. I just don't feel like they are very interesting. I will probably throw one in every once in a while, but doing one everyday is just starting to get boring for me.
I haven't done much today. I have been playing The Sims 2 quite a bit lately. I enjoy that game, but sometimes it can get boring. I don't have any expansion packs, so I'm sure that would help, but I don't really like them. Anyways, now I'm just rambling. That's all for today. I will see ya tomorrow.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
That’s it for today. I know it’s not terribly interesting, but I said I would do 10 things and this is one of them. Also, I don’t have anything else to talk about right now. See ya tomorrow.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Now, I haven’t seen one in a long time, but I’m sure you all remember the mechanical horses that used to be in Wal-Mart. Maybe your Wal-Mart still has the horse. Either way, you know the one I’m talking about. Front legs stretched out in front and back legs stretched out in back. It had a saddle on its back and a crazed look in its eye. Yeah, that’s the one. In my store the horse was on the inside of the store along the wall across from the check-outs. You couldn’t help but pass it on your way to the doors. Like every other kid I would stop and ask for a quarter and if mom wouldn’t fork it over, then grandma usually would. Now, most kids would probably just hop right on, put their feet in the stirrups, throw the quarter in, and ride, but not me. I took a more cautious approach. First, when I sat on the horse I didn’t sit with one leg on either side like you were supposed to. What if something happened? What if the horse went crazy and I needed to jump off? I can’t jump if my feet are all tangled in the stirrups can I? Nope. I had to sit on it sideways. One hand on the reins and one hand on the back of the saddle. It was safer that way. That wasn‘t the only precaution I took. Remember when you would put your money in and the horse would come to life with a quick jolt before getting into a nice rhythm? Well, I didn’t like that jolt. I could just imagine me losing my grip and falling backwards of the horse. (Because of the way I was sitting.) So what I would do is I would put the money into the machine, wait for the horse to start, and then once it was moving I would climb onto, sitting sideways the way I described above.
Of course, now I realize that my way of riding the horse was much more dangerous than the normal way. What I want know is what my mother was doing while I was wrestling with the horse. I plan on asking her the next time I see her.
Well, that’s all I have for today. I hope you found it a little more interesting than my other posts. See ya tomorrow.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Monday, April 6, 2009
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Where are you right now? At home
What do you wish you were doing right now?Reading my new book.
What shirt are you wearing right now?Yellow hoodie (over a white t-shirt)
What are you eating right now? I'm not eating anything right now, but I'm thinking about eating a Rice Krispie Treat.
What room are you in right now? I am in the Living Room.
What underwear are you wearing right now? The normal kind? ( I wasn't expecting that question)
What are you listening to right now? Eve 6
What pants are you wearing right now? Jeans (Gap jeans if it matters)
What shoes are you wearing right now? I'm not wearing any shoes.
What socks are you wearing right now? normal white ones. Hanes.
Who do you wish you were with right now? I'm pretty happy where I'm at.
What time is it right now? 8:45pm
What is one thing you would change right now? Can't think of anything right now.
What is next to you right now? My ipod.
What will you do next right now?Read some other blogs, update twitter, maybe play sims or read.
Ok, I know that wasn't terribly exciting, but it's all I've got for today. I promise that I will get better. See ya tomorrow.
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Anyways, if you're wondering about the title, it's what I have to keep saying to my husband. I'm sitting in the living room trying to come up with something... anything to write for this blog and he's across from me making all kinds of noises. It's very distracting. Then, he talks and talks...not that I don't like to talk to my husband, but I'm kinda busy. I don't care about the game he's playing, the maps he's downloading, how cute our dog is, or the rain outside. I just want to finish my post on this blog so I can be done with it. (...that is, until tomorrow) So, I turn to my ipod. Now with the Ramones blaring in my ears and can't hear my husband, and hopefully will be able to finish this post in peace.
Oh hold on a sec....."WHAT HONEY? I CAN'T HEAR YOU?".......
Lol. See ya tomorrow.
Friday, April 3, 2009
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? Usually closed, but it doesn’t matter.
Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel? Sometimes
Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out? Out
Have you ever stolen a street sign before? No
Do you like to use post-it notes? Yes
Do you cut out coupons but then never use them? All the time
Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees? Wow, that’s a horrible question. I am terrified of bees, but I guess I would choose them over a bear.
Do you have freckles? A few
Do you always smile for pictures? I think so, unless I don’t know someone is taking my picture.
What is your biggest pet peeve? People on their cell phones, mostly when they’re driving.
Do you ever count your steps when you walk? Nope
Have you ever peed in the woods? I don’t think so
What about pooped in the woods? Nope
Do you ever dance even if there is no music playing? No
Do you chew your pens and pencils? No
How many people have you slept with this week? What? 1
What size is your bed? Queen
What is your Song of the week? Ummm....I honestly can't think of any songs right now. It's almost 1:30 in the morning and my brain hurts.
Is it okay for guys to wear pink? Yes
Do you still watch cartoons? Of course
What is your least favorite movie? I don’t know
Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some? Under a big red X, isn’t that were everyone buries their treasure?
What do you drink with dinner? Tea, water, pop….whatever I have available.
What do you dip a chicken nugget in? BBQ sauce
What is your favorite food? I just really like food, I don’t know if I have a favorite.
What movies could you watch over and over and still love? I don’t know.
Last person you kissed/kissed you? DH
Were you ever a boy/girl scout? Nope
Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine? Nope
When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? High School
Can you change the oil on a car? No
Ever gotten a speeding ticket? No
Ran out of gas? No
Favorite kind of sandwich? I don’t know
Best thing to eat for breakfast? I love biscuits and gravy, but very rarely get any.
What is your usual bedtime? About 5 am, DH works nights
Are you lazy? Yep
When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween? Cheerleader, Queen of hearts, right after Hunchback of Notre Dame came out I wanted to be a gypsy. lol
What is your Chinese astrological sign? I think it is the ox
How many languages can you speak? 1
Do you have any magazine subscriptions? I got a free subscription to Good Housekeeping, so yes.
Which are better legos or lincoln logs? Legos
Are you stubborn? I can be
Who is better...Leno or Letterman? Letterman? (I don’t watch either of them.)
Ever watch soap operas? sometimes
Afraid of heights? Yes
Sing in the car? If I am by myself.
Dance in the shower? What? No, who does that? That is not safe, you could slip.
Dance in the car? No
Ever used a gun? I think I shot a BB gun when I was little, that’s about it.
Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer? My senior pictures, taken almost 6 years ago.
Do you think musicals are cheesy? Nope, I usually like musicals.
Is Christmas stressful? It can be, but not usually.
Ever eat a pierogi? I guess not, because I don’t know what that is.
Favorite type of fruit pie? I don’t really eat pie.
Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid? Teacher, astronomer, and for a little while I wanted to be the Little Mermaid. (teacher or astronomer were back-ups..lol)
Do you believe in ghosts? I believe enough to know I don’t ever want to see one.
Ever have a Deja-vu feeling? Yes
Take a vitamin daily? No
Wear slippers? Sometimes
Wear a bath robe? Sometimes
What do you wear to bed? Pjs
First concert? Hanson
Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart? Target
Nike or Adidas? Adidas
Cheetos Or Fritos? I like both.
Peanuts or Sunflower seeds? Again, both.
Ever hear of the group Tres Bien? Nope
Ever take dance lessons? Nope
Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing? Nope
Can you curl your tongue? Yes
Ever won a spelling bee? No
Have you ever cried because you were so happy? I don’t think so.
Own any record albums? No
Own a record player? No
Regularly burn incense? No
Ever been in love? Yes
Who would you like to see in concert? I don’t know
What was the last concert you saw? I can’t remember the name of the group. (must not have been too good)
Hot tea or cold tea? Cold
Tea or coffee? Tea
Sugar or snickerdoodles? Sugar (I'm assuming you mean sugar cookies)
Can you swim well? Nope, not at all.
Can you hold your breath without holding your nose? Yes, unless you mean underwater, then no.
Are you patient? I think I am.
DJ or band, at a wedding? DJ
Ever won a contest? No
Ever have plastic surgery? No
Which are better black or green olives? Black
Can you knit or crochet? I am able too, but I’m not very good at it.
Best room for a fireplace? Living room/family room
Do you want to get married? I already am.
If married, how long have you been married? 4 years
Who was your HS crush? I had a lot of crushes.
Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way? If I have to.
Do you have kids? No
Do you want kids? Yes
What’s your favorite color? Green
Do you miss anyone right now? Sure
Did you watch, Next Great American Band on FOX? Nope, I don't even know what that is.
So thats it! My very first survey. I hope it wasn't too boring. It was actually kind of fun. I might do another one sometime.