Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 1 Part 2

Day 1 part 2

We didn’t have any traffic problems until we got to Atlanta. We think the traffic was mostly due to a couple of accidents we passed, although there did seem to be a large number of cars on the road for a Saturday afternoon. Luke thought there might be a game that day, but we never did find out for sure.

Our hotel wasn’t too far past Atlanta, so once we got through the traffic, we were there. Check-in was easy, they had our room key and paperwork ready. After we got our room key, we got our bags from the car and headed up to our room.

Our room was nice and it was clean. I know it was clean because every time I walked into the room the smell of cleaning chemicals smacked me in the face. It smelled pretty bad, but we were only going to be there for one night and after being in the car since 3:00am, we were just glad to be there.

We were hungry and the hotel’s website said there was a subway close, so we headed out. We planned to fill up the car while we were out, but when we stopped at the gas station by the hotel, we noticed that the pump said $2.99/gal. We debated if we should just pay it or look for something else. We said forget it, we would find something after we ate.

We went to Subway, which ended up being across the street. We took our food and went back to the hotel. After eating, I looked online to find the cheapest gas close to us. As it turns out there was a Quik Trip less than a mile away with gas for (I think) $2.61/gal.

I’m not sure why there was such a difference in price at two stations within a block from each other, but I’m glad we decided to wait and find something else.

After that, Luke went downstairs to take advantage of the fitness room for awhile, and I showered and watched some tv. When Luke got back, he showered and then watched some tv with me. We were hoping that watching tv would put us to sleep, and it was working until..

the power went out.

Of course as soon as the power goes out and I hear the rain outside, I suddenly can’t remember if my window got rolled up all the way after we got back from getting gas. Luke went to look. Of course, he couldn’t use the elevators, so he took the the dark.

Turns out, everything was fine, so we had nothing left to do but try to get some sleep, as we would be up early again the next morning.

Eventually we fell asleep, and I think I remember the electricity coming back on between 12 and 1 in the morning. Just a couple hours before we would be getting up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!