Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Time Off

I've been feeling a little overwhelmed lately.

When I'm overwhelmed, I tend to shut down.

Unfortunately, this blog is always the first thing to go.

Also, it's come to my attention that I really have no idea what I am doing with this blog.

I rarely post and when I do, I don't really put a lot of effort into my posts.

I know it's just fear. I'm afraid if I'm honest, people won't like me.

I'm afraid if I actually try, people won't think it's good enough.

I'm afraid that people will think my blog is stupid. (It kind of has been because of my lack of effort.)

Anyways, I've been thinking hard about what I want to do with this blog, because I certainly don't want to get rid of it.

I may decide to delete some past posts. I haven't decided yet.

I wanted to let you guys know that I will be taking a break from the internet next week.

That means no Facebook, Twitter, or reading other people's blogs.

I feel like it's the main reason that I don't get anything done. It's just too good of a distraction.

I'm going to use my time off to refocus my energy on what is important to me.

There are 3 main areas I feel need my attention the most:

      1. Daily Routines - I feel like I can't focus on my work when my house is a mess. I am hoping to set some routines in place that will help me get my house in shape so when it comes time to work, I can do so without distractions.

      2. Blog - Like I said above, I need to figure out what I want for this blog. I'm hoping to come up with a posting schedule and some new ideas to keep my posts interesting.

     3. Pick up my Camera - One of the reasons I started this blog was to have a place to post pictures I took. I don't think I have picked up my camera since I got my iPhone (6 months ago!) It's just so convenient to use my camera's phone. The weather is nice and it's the perfect time for me to get back out there and start taking pictures again.

So, that's it.

Those are my plans.

I guess I will see you in a week.

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!