Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Look At Me Go!!

As part of my goal to get organized this year, I realize that means that I am going to have to get rid of some stuff.

I started the process yesterday by going through all of my books.

I have a lot of books.

I have two bookcases that are more than full. I have stacks of books on my file cabinet. I have a stack in my living room and another stack in my bedroom. I usually have a small stack on my desk and a few more stacks on the floor of my office.

It is clear that I don't have an "organizational" problem. I have an "I have to many books" problem.

I filled a large tote bag full I books that I felt I could give away. (I realize now that I should have taken a picture.)

While this wasn't easy for me, I think it took less than an hour for me to fill that bag up with books.

Then, I took the books to a local used bookstore and they gave me $22 for my books. (I should mention that there were a lot of people who had the same idea because I was 9th in line for getting my books looked at. You can't imagine how hard it was for me to wait 30 minutes in a bookstore and not buy anything.)

So, for an hour's worth of work, I cleaned out some space in my office and I got paid $22 to do it.

Not a bad start to the new year. How has your year been so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!