Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year

I love New Years! It's a great time to re-evaluate your life.  A chance to look at who you are and decide who it is you want to be.

The other day, I bought a ring that I love.


It basically sums up what I want 2012 to be about.
I want to enjoy every moment, even the mundane and boring.
I also want to be brave enough to try new things and put myself out there more than I have.

I don't have any specific resolutions for this year.
Instead, I have thought of 3 main areas in my life that I would like to continue to focus on in the year 2012.

1.  Organization
           - I think that this is a big issue for a lot of people and I am certainly no different. The thing is, our house has a lot of potential, I have just been low on inspiration. Luckily, Pinterest has started to help me with that and now I have a few ideas. Now all I need is to take the time to decide what I want and do it.

2. Writing
         - 3 years ago, I thought that I would never be able to write a book. Thanks to NaNoWriMo, I have now written 3 books. The problem is, I never make it past the first draft. I write it then forget about it. This year, I would like to revise on of my books. Even if that only means I end up with a slightly better, but still crappy second draft. I have to start somewhere.

3. Me
     - This isn't really an area of my life as much as it is my life as a whole. I feel like I have a lot of questions that need answers. What do I want to do? I know what I enjoy doing, but I don't know what my passion is. What should I be doing with my life? What am I good at?

These are things that I will be thinking about in the new year.

What are some of your goals for 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!