Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

I'm just looking...

My husband and I went into Party City yesterday.

We were in the store for less then 5 minutes. I only needed one thing.

About 10 seconds after walking through the door... “Can I help you find something?”

Big smile...”No thanks, we are just looking.”

I find what I need, and I keep looking because is there is so much fun stuff to look at.

Another girl walks up...”Can I help you find something?”

“Oh, I’m just looking. Thanks.”

At this point I’m getting a little annoyed. I know they are just being nice, but I hate being bothered when I really do just want to look.

I walk back over to my husband and we start to talk about something. (I don’t remember what.)

I notice someone standing next to us, so I look up.

“Do you two need help finding something?”

I’m thinking that this is the same girl that asked me the first time. If I needed help I would ask for it. So when I answered, it wasn’t in the nicest tone.

“WE’RE JUST LOOKING.”

The poor girl looks a little baffled, but says to ask if we need help. I notice my husband is looking at me like I’m crazy.

“What? Did I sound mean?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, isn’t that the same girl who asked us the first time?”

“No, that was a different girl.”

Now I feel awful because I was rude to this poor girl and she had no idea she was the third person to bother me in 3 minutes.

At this point I figured it was time for me to get out of the store. (Even though I would have liked to look around a little bit more, I didn’t think I was in the right mood for that.)

On our way up the the register, we get asked one more time.

“Can I help you folks find anything today.”

BIG SMILE. (Trying to over-compensate for being rude to the last one.)

“No thank you, we’re fine.”

Then we paid for our crap and got the heck out of there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you!